- Lavazza Italian Film Festival 2017: Comedy, Italian-Style
- Los Angeles - Italia 2017: Italian Cinema Today
- Semana de Cine Italiano - Buenos Aires 2017
- Date: October 08, 2017
- Time: 09:15 PM
- Venue: COLONY Theatre
- Address: 1040 Lincoln Road Miami Beach, FL 33139
Map it »
About the Film
- English: Ignorance is Bliss
- Duration: 1:40
- Genre: Comedy
- Release: 2017
- Director: Massimiliano Bruno
- Music Director: Maurizio Filardo
- Editor: Consuelo Catucci
- Screen Play: Massimiliano Bruno, Herbert Simone Paragnani, Gianni Corsi
- Producer: Fulvio Lucisano, Federica Lucisano
- Photography: Alessandro Pesci
- Stars: Marco Giallini, Alessandro Gassmann, Carolina Crescentini, Emanuela Fanelli, Teresa Romagnoli, Valeria Bilello
Ernesto and Filippo have two opposing personalities and one common point: they are both high school professors. Filippo has a cheerful progressive personality permanently connected to the web and social media, handsome and carefree he is a serial seducer of women. He is also able to seduce his students through an app created by him, which makes the solution of every possible calculation immediate.
Ernesto is a strict conservative, strictly computer-free, traditional even with his students, making his austerity a point of honor and boasts a life completely outside the net. He is probably the last living owner of a 1995 Nokia phone. In the past they had been best friends but a deep and never-ending clash of personalities eventually broke the relation and kept them away from each other until the day they find themselves face to face again to teach classes in the same high school. Their opposing views inevitably lead them to a new war. They will have to face the past, which will return in the likeness of Nina, a girl who will submit them to a simple experiment that turns into a big challenge: Filippo will have to try to get out of the net and Ernesto to get in. This journey will change them profoundly, forcing them to find a more and more rare and delicate equilibrium today, between the global consciousness of those who rely on the network and the total indifference of those who persevere in resisting the supremacy of the digital age.
IN ITALIAN WITH ENGLISH SUBTITLES.